“Love is not just looking at each other, it is looking in the same direction.”
Somewhat corny – we know. But let’s be honest, do you really ever have a fight or argument with your significant other because you AGREE on something? Exactly.
A lot of times, insecurities within couples can arise because one individual is working to better themselves (i.e. going to the gym, trying to eat healthier, etc.) and the other just can’t find the motivation or right routine to do the same – so they take it out in a negative way by trying to bring the other down. It’s a lot easier to not workout or eat poorly when the people you spend the most time with are doing the same thing.
I’d dare to say that CrossFit is probably one of the only workout methodologies that you often see couples working out TOGETHER. And by together, I mean doing the same thing – not going to the gym together and the guy (or girl) goes to the weights section, and the other goes to the treadmill/elliptical. They are doing the Exact. Same. Workout. So how might this benefit you and your partner’s relationship…? We’ll cover our top 10 ways, but there are MANY more!
- Dinner and meals are easier to plan and can provide more quality time. Meal prepping or cooking dinner by yourself can be tough, but doing it together can be a much more enjoyable activity!!
- You’ll both be happier and more energetic.
- Fall more in love – Studies show that after jointly participating in an exciting physical challenge or activity, couples report feeling more satisfied with their relationship and more in love with their partner.
- It improves your sex life – SOMEONE had to say it! Exercise induces the symptoms of physiological arousal – sweaty hands, a racing pulse, and shortness of breath. These symptoms mirror the thrill of romantic attraction. Use this to your advantage!
- You get to see each other at your worst and although this might not sound like a positive, vulnerability builds trust and a deeper bond.
- Rest days are so much more enjoyable. Laying around and being lazy together feels much more deserved when you bust your butts together all the other days!
- You are able to release your stress in a healthy way – and not towards each other.
- Presents are easier to buy! Anyone want a new pair of workout shoes?? Umm..yes!
- You know neither of you is lying when you say you’re at the gym for an hour and a half!
- Finally…Couples who work out together. Stay together. And stay hot and fit together too!!